phone 234-806-497-4896
email info@samtech.com.ng
   

 
Vodafone Group is selling its majority shareholding in its Ghana business to Africa-focused telecoms service and technology provider Telecel Group. Vodafone first teased the deal in 2021, according to Bloomberg, which reported that the move was part of the U.K.-based carrier’s reorganization process.
 
Vodafone purchased a 70% stake in the Ghana business in 2008 for $900 million from the country’s government, which still owns the remaining 30%. Then in December 2019, Vodafone Ghana announced the acquisition of all of the Vodacom Group’s stake in Vodacom Business Ghana. As of 2020, the unit had roughly 9.3 million mobile voice subscribers, representing 13.81% of the Ghanaian market share.
 
In a statement, Vodafone commented: “Customers, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders of Vodafone Ghana should be assured that we are continuing with business as usual.”
 
Last November, Vodafone sold a 55% stake in its Egypt unit to South Africa’s largest mobile operator by subscribers Vodacom Group for $2.74 billion. The deals marked Vodacom’s first expansion into North Africa. In a statement, Vodafone said around 80% of the deal would be settled through issuing 242 million new ordinary shares in Vodacom, while the remaining 20 would be settled in cash.
 
The latest deal is subject to certain conditions and financial terms were not disclosed.
  • Comments

    • Gravatar

      Quadirl

      September 22, 2022

      <a >how long does tamoxifen stay in your system</a> Last updated on June 29, 2022, 2 52 PM.

    • Gravatar

      Obeforo

      September 19, 2022

      Viagra is a well-known and widely used medication for treating erectile dysfunction ED , with the longest history of any FDA-approved ED treatment on the market today <a >tadalafil generic vs cialis</a>

    • Gravatar

      Cydrimb

      August 30, 2022

      Vendita Sildenafil 200 Mg <a >buy stromectol pills online</a>

    • Gravatar

      Artedaste

      August 30, 2022

      <a >stromectol amazon</a> Cialis 10 Mg Effetti

    • Gravatar

      Artedaste

      August 29, 2022

      <a >ivermectin over the counter</a> Levitra 10 Mg Vendita

    • Gravatar

      Alcololve

      August 22, 2022

      Prix Du Cytotec Dans Une Pharmacie <a >stromectol japan</a> Achat Vardenafil

    Post a comment

    We would be glad to get your feedback. Take a moment to comment and tell us what you think.

    * Required fields

    Email will not be published.